About Me

My photo
I'm Jena ~ I absolutely adore do it yourself projects! Be sure to check my blog page every Friday for a new DIY project. I'm always looking for new ideas, so feel free to email your projects to me at thediydoll@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2012

Necklace Holder

This week’s project will be going in my walk in closet: a necklace holder! I suppose it could be used for anything really…key holder perhaps? But I don’t need a place for keys, I need a place for my necklaces…so that's what it shall be :)
First, you’ll need:
  • 8x10 stretched canvas
  • A piece of fabric that will wrap around your canvas
  • Spray adhesive
  • Mug hooks

 
Cut a piece of fabric that’s big enough to cover the front of your canvas & wrap around the sides to the back.  Cover your work surface with newspaper or cardboard, & spray your canvas with the adhesive.  Place your fabric onto the canvas & smooth out any wrinkles.  Allow 5-10 minutes for the adhesive to set.  Then flip your canvas upside down.  Choose two opposite sides, spray adhesive, and wrap the fabric:

 
 Take the two remaining sides & “wrap” them like a gift:

 
This allows for your corners to remain tight & smooth.

 
Once all the sides are wrapped, spray a final light coat of adhesive over the back & allow to dry according to the directions on the can.

 
The mug hooks are fairly easy to put on – they simply screw on with a little bit of pressure.

 
Your project is now ready to adorn your favorite necklaces! Total project cost:  $2.50 for the canvas, fabric & spray adhesive already on hand = $2.50!

 
Shopper's Tips
  • You can get a 2 pack of 8x10 canvas at Hobby Lobby for $4.99
  • Spray adhesive will be located with spray paint
  • Don't forget to use your 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby!

No comments:

Post a Comment